Faucet Coloured Finishes
We got together with one of our suppliers Faucet Strommen, designers and
builders of luxury tapware and bathroom accessories right here in
Australia to answer some Q &A’S on there new tapware finishes!
Ascot Bathroomware: What colour finishes do you offer?
We have opened up the options for homeowners, and designers alike, by offering over 20 special finishes, available across almost our entire range, providing unequalled freedom of coordination for your project.
Discover the earthy organic finishes like brass and copper, something timeless and warm. Imagine the Switzrok™ Matte Black finish or precious metals like our genuine Rose Gold.
What really sets our company apart is the ability to customize the tapware and accessories, to allow the consumer greater expression by using a combination of two or more colour finishes on the same piece. You dream, we create!
Our full list of finishes is as follows; Chrome, Gloss White, Gloss Almond, Switzrok™ Matte Black, Switzrok™ Matte White, Brushed Chrome, Brushed Nickel, Polished Nickel, Gloss Black Chrome, Gunmetal, Brushed Black Sapphire, Raw Polished Copper, Raw Polished Brass, Raw Brushed Brass, Antique Brass Light, Antique Brass Medium, 23ct Gold, N18 Gold, Rose Gold and Brushed Rose Gold
Ascot Bathroomware: What is your current most popular colour/combo?
Our Switzrok™ Matte Black is a firm favourite with both designers and homeowners. This finish works seamlessly in both Transitional and Contemporary spaces, and can be used to create contrast in bathrooms and kitchens. Switzrok™ is a finish unique to Faucet Strommen, and is a special composition that is tough, durable and made in Switzerland. Switzrok™ Matte Black tapware has a beautifully even velvety texture, which does not show up fingerprints and is easy to keep clean.
Our photo shoot featuring our Zeos Sink Mixers in Matte Black and Rose Gold, has inspired many to choose this more daring combo in their homes to create bold statement pieces.
Customers all around the world have been creating their dream tapware
by using a combination of colours on their tapware and bathroom
- We are also seeing a lot of Antique Brass being used in residential spaces. We have both the Antique Brass Light and the Antique Brass Medium finishes which are used to create an organic and earthy feel in both traditional and contemporary spaces. These raw finishes will age and develop a patina over time.
Ascot Bathroomware: What colours and combinations are on trend at the moment?
- The warm textured finish of Raw Brushed Brass is in vogue in both kitchen and powder room applications. This finish is organic and is the Raw Brass brushed back with abrasive to achieve a rich satin look, which will age with time and develop into a medium brown. Naturally, brass alloys have visible variations of tone.
Styling options for Raw Brushed Brass tapware and accessories in the bathroom include textured timbers, moody slate tiles and white stone basins. Live plants, such as Maidenhair ferns and English Ivy always look the part, adding colour and ambiance.
- Our beautiful velvety Switzrok™ Matte Black finish provides contrast in Scandinavian style applications. Pair with muted timbers, white paneled walls and dark forest greens for the optimum look.
Ascot Bathroomware: What colours would you like to see used more?
- Personally, I would love to see increased incorporation of our Switzrok™ Matte White tapware in homes for a clean, minimalist look. The beautiful colour scheme of paring Matte White and Brushed Rose Gold works seamlessly in light and airy kitchens and bathrooms, and can be a terrific way to work pastels into the home.
- I think we are going to see an increase in the use of Gloss Black Chrome in luxury bathrooms. This finish is a slightly warm black and has a metallic lustre and tonal swirls giving it character and impact.
- Gloss Black Chrome also works perfectly with striking geometric tiles and bold primary colours.